Thursday, April 7, 2011

enjoying the "little things" in life

They call it the "sophomore slump." And that's definitely what it is.  a slump. Half of the time anybody asks me how I am, I respond that I'm dying. Which really isn't true, but this semester is a killer. It's the "I hate all of my classes" to the "No motivation to do anything related to school" to the "How far away is summer??" semester.  And I've decided that I"m tired of that. Yes, there's still a month left until summer, which means I still have finals, papers, and other stress causers between me, a good book, and the beach.  But as I sit here with an iced coffee from ABP, the sun shining outside, Itunes on shuffle, and amazing friends surrounding me, I've decided I'm going to get more enjoyment from those everyday things that make life wonderful.  Like enjoying a lunch with people who make you laugh harder than you've ever laughed before to taking advantage of a canceled class to be productive to going on a walk just because. In the big scheme of things, these aren't really significant.  But they're the little things that help you survive. The little things that make me excited for each new day.  The little things that add up so you can't stop smiling. Just loving the little things.  


“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”

 - Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment