Thursday, April 14, 2011

the life of the one-handed

To say that this week has been difficult would be an understatement.  But difficult in a good sense.  It's made me look at all the things I take for granted. Like having the ability to type with two hands. (when you're bored one day, try typing something significantly long with one hand. takes forever). Or opening a car door. Or teaching Zumba. Blow drying my hair.  Very difficult to do with one hand.  It's also made me appreciate the other things I've been blessed with.  Like my friends who've been texting to check-up on me, offering to feed me and type up my papers to my roommates who've helped with opening ibuprofen, filling my water bottle, & pushing up sleeves to my mom who drove an hour & a half just to go to the doctor with me. As frustrated as this injury has made me, these things don't let me stay frustrated for too long.  I have too many things to be thankful for that I can't let a couple of broken bones & torn ligaments slow me down.  We'll just chalk this one down to another one of those trials that make you stronger.  And hopefully, I'll remember to appreciate all of these things more even when I get the use of my left hand back.  

p.s. sorry there's no deep, inspiring, thought provoking ideas this week. i've been a little distracted. 

 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.      
[james 1:2-4]

No comments:

Post a Comment